To join the Youth Media Directory please fill in the membership form, and email it to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We at Youth Media Agency believe that Youth Media is a powerful tool for challenging the negative perception of young people in the UK, giving them a much needed voice. We also know that Youth Media acts as an important pathway to a career in media and is a successful engagement tool for young people.
Youth Media Agency will host the UK’s only online Directory of youth radio, print and online media, and aims to:
- Promote and raise the awareness of Youth Media in the UK
- Give young people access to more volunteering opportunities in Youth Media
Membership to the YMA Directory is FREE and gives you access to all these AMAZING benefits :
- Your org will be showcased on the UKs Only Directory of Youth Media. The Directory will be accessed by mainstream media, youth sector, media buyers, communications departments and young people.
- We will promote the sharing of good practice in the sector by hosting online resources, offer advice and highlighting monthly case studies.
- We will signpost young creatives looking for media experience. We currently have over 100 young Creative Associates (writers, photographers, designers, film makers etc) signed up, looking for volunteering opportunities.
- We will signpost opportunities through our site and a monthly newsletter. EG Mainstream media internships & work placements, Media Courses & Training, Media Events, Competitions, Funding Information etc.
- In August we hosted the YOUTH MEDIA SUMMIT 2014 – with 387 media delegates from youth platforms and mainstream. Joining the Directory gets you 2 automatic invitations
- Delivering Training: We will work in partnership with youth media and other orgs to provide training. EG Sustainable Models of Working, Looking after Volunteers, Improving your PR etc
- We will advocate on your behalf at policy level. EG Currently leading on #presschange4youth Campaign calling for fair press in UK.
- Media matching YMA will encourage relationships between mainstream media and Youth Media, giving journalists access to a youth voice on stories that affect them and also building longstanding partnerships.
- Development and building a consortia of youth media interested in advertising revenue for Media Buyers
If this sounds good then drop us an email!