With anxiety and stress reaching critical epidemic levels, we all need to find ways to relax our mind.
We thought you might like to try a new kind of relaxation music which fuses state of the art modern science and traditional sound therapy to create a brand new meditation experience.
Calm – Clarity | Focus | Balance is the latest project from London based DJ and Producer, Abstract Source using 6 elements of sound production. It is this unique combination that has made people feel more relaxed and feel a sense of clarity. “Feels like a snow globe effect – all your thoughts seems to calm down, I love it” Susana Giner.
WHATS IN THE MUSIC?
1. Brainwave Entrainment - Is a method of synchronizing both hemispheres of the brain to rhythmic sound pulses (Binaural Beats). The technology advanced in the US is gaining popularity all over the world with meditation practitioners and also students to help them focus. More science info
2. Pythagorean Tuning - is a system of musical tuning in which the frequency ratios of all intervals are based on the ratio 3:2, “found in the harmonic series.” This ratio, also known as the “pure” perfect fifth, is chosen because it is one of the most consonant and easiest to tune by ear.
3. Biorythmic Musical Patterns – Adding to the calming effect, the 60 beat a minute rhythm entrains with the brain resulting in a decreased catecholamine release creating coherence between the brain and the heart. Popular in hospitals
4. Intricate Sound Design – Jules uses his 11 years of Music Production to create a beautiful soundscape which takes you on a textured audio journey.
5. Traditional Sound Healing – The music fuses the latest technology with ancient techniques of sound healing like Tibetan Bowls and the therapy mono chord.
6. Bio-Sampling – Jules wanted to use healing sounds found in nature – if you listen carefully you will hear a kittens purr and the heartbeat of a pregnant woman.
“A priority for me making this project was that it had to sound good….I was kind of tired of listening to trickling water and pan pipes. I wanted to create a piece of music that would use both my years of research into binaural beats and my experience of creating music” Jules Dickens aka Abstract Source
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF IT:
- Works best through headphones
- Set aside 15 mins to do the whole track – important to listen to it all
- Set the level at 2 thirds – it will start quiet – but don’t worry it will get louder
- Find a quiet place and lie down where you will not be disturbed
- If you get cold take a blanket with you and wrap up warm
- Press play, shut your eyes and let the music take you
Abstract Source is currently delivering Digital Sound Therapy Workshops in the South of Spain – if you would like to find out more about him and his music you can contact him on email@example.com or check out his website http://www.abstractsource.co.uk/ - next track release on 7 March